What is Social Media ?
Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create,share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.
Top Social Media Sites
1. Facebook – 750 million users a month
2. Twitter – 250 million users a month
3. Linked In – 110 million users a month
4. Pinterest – 85 million users a month
5. Google Plus – 65 million users a month
6. YouTube – More than 1 billion unique users visit each month
Facebook has 1.11 billion monthly active users
More than 1 in 7 people in the WORLD have Facebook and log in monthly.
751 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products
Post regularly but make good quality posts
Ask Questions to engage your fans
Photos get the most attention,so post photos from every meeting/event
Each and every day,hundreds of thousands sign up for Twitter.That means the Twitter population has moved beyond celebrity chasers,press users,marketers,and athletes.
You can follow others and they can follow you Thing of it like sending a text message to everyone who follows you.
Good for sending quick bits of info,or a link to more info.
Good for real time events,etc.
There are more than 2.1 million LinkedIn groups.
The Business version of Facebook
There are many groups where you can share ideas and have discussions with others.
-Pinterest has around 50 million users
-A virtual cork board
-Can Post images and tag them
Direct competitor to FB
Established by Google,but very few people using it in comparison.
One great feature:
– Google Hangouts
– Chat face-to-face
– Broadcast to the world
– Hold virtual meetings
– Great resource for posting videos
– Great for showing small clips to explain
– Use keywords to make your video easy to find.
– More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
– Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube – that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth
– 100 hours of video are uploaded to Youtube every minute